- International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea, 1972 (72 COLREGS);
- Inland Navigation Rules (33 CFR 83); and
- their respective technical annexes (33 CFR 84-90).
- COLREGS Demarcation Lines (33 CFR 80);
- Vessel Bridge-to-Bridge Radiotelephone Regulations, (33 CFR 26);
- Vessel Traffic Management Regulations (33 CFR 161); and,
- various other pertinent provisions of the U.S. Code and Code of Federal Regulations regarding compliance and penalties associated with the Navigation Rules.
It supersedes Commandant Instruction M16672.2D, Navigation Rules: International-Inland, originally published on March 25th, 1999 (its corrigendum, its corrigendum with reference sources, and last posted 2013 version). Hard copies of our Handbook are purchasable from the U. S. Government Bookstore (GPO Stock Number: 050-012-00519-2). See our Navigation Rules FAQ#1 for other formats or sources of the Navigation Rules.