The North American Ice Service is an international partnership between the Canadian Ice Service, the International Ice Patrol, and the U.S. National Ice Center.
The mission of the North American Ice Service (NAIS) is to leverage the strengths of the Canadian Ice Service, US National Ice Center, and the International Ice Patrol to monitor and provide the highest quality, timely and accurate ice analysis, in order to meet the needs of the maritime interests of the United States and Canadian governments in support of:
- Safe and efficient maritime operations;
- Weather and environmental modelling;
- National and environmental security;
- Research and climate understanding; and
- International treaty obligations
Through Teamwork and Innovation, be the leading authority in the provision of integrated, seamless ice information and services for the maritime interests of the Canadian and United States Governments.